[IP] Re: Cozaar/ Ace Inhibitors

Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Cozaar/ Ace

My endo put me on Altace, an Ace
Inhibitor.  My family physician, who I just saw, said I didn't have to be
coughing, that Cozaar did the same thing as the Altace, but goes a step beyond
it, without the cough.  I am still taking the Altace and will not switch
over until speaking with my endo, but wanted some list input.  Are these
two medications comparable in what they do?  I'm not getting that
impression from what I am reading.  Also,  I was only prescribed the
Altace as a preventive type of medication for complications, not because I am
having or showing signs of complications.  Any information is
appreciated.  Thank you.

Marla Anne, dx 4/67, pumping

Mom to Seth, 3 years old, dx 11/99