Re: [IP] ultra ouch

In a message dated 6/11/2001 7:07:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I asked
>  Disetronic for some Ultra samples. I tried one today and.......OUCH! It
>  continued to hurt and I pulled it out after a half hour.  There was a drop
> of
>  blood that I hadn't experienced before.
>  It was a normal site in the tummy. This was my first time with a 90 degree
>  set. I wouldn't think they would be normally this painful. Did I hit
>  something? I followed the instructions.

NONE of the infusion sets should hurt, or bleed, after insertion.  You
probably did do things correctly and just happen to place the set right near
a nerve or something . . . If you try another one, it's unlikely that you
will have the same experience . . .
>  Uh... Quicksets are the MM name for Ultras?

No, they're similar but not the same.  Also, there is an insertion device for
the Quick set, but not for the ultras . . .