[IP] RE: I am told neuropathy cannot occur in arms or hands - BS or not?

>Over the past three months and esp over the past month my arms form the
>elbow down and hands are constant pins and needles and frequently go
>totally numb.  No apparent circulation problems though.  I thought this was
>neruopathy but my endo claims diabetic neuropathy does not occur in the
>hands.  He believes this is some sort of nerve problem.
>Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

Wherever there is a nerve there is a potential for neuropathy; including
hands and arms.

"No matter what causes neuropathy, the symptoms are the same. One of the
common symptoms is a tingling in the toes that gradually develops into a
painful, burning sensation that spreads upward. A person with neuropathy may
also experience muscle weakness or numbness, as well as pain in the arms,
hands, legs or feet."
Quoted from:

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956