[IP] re: nueropathy

I've had peripheral nueropathy in my feet for 5 years & am
starting to get the same thing in my hands. I've been a type
I Diabetic for 28 years. I think your endo is not right in
saying that it doesn't occur in the hands or feet. First off
nueropathy starts at the extremities(eyes, feet, fingers,
anyplace the nerve endings are really tiny) Mine started in
my toes then has slowly started working its way up my legs.
Currently the numbness & pins & needles is at the lower
level of my shin. I've also got early signs of retinopathy
in my eyes. This is the first time I've heard that it
doesn't occur in hands or feet.

Dave Hill