RE: [IP] I am told neuropathy cannot occur<snip>

From: Darrin Parker <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] I am told neuropathy cannot occur in arms or hands - BS or
Over the past three months and esp over the past month my arms form the
elbow down and hands are constant pins and needles and frequently go
totally numb.  No apparent circulation problems though.  I thought this
neruopathy but my endo claims diabetic neuropathy does not occur in the
hands.  He believes this is some sort of nerve problem.
The symptoms are worse if the bg's are low or even low-normal. NO
about it though, the bg level determines the severity o fthe symptoms.
I'm asking for others' experiences here.
   Have the doc check your potassium level. When my potassium is higher
than normal, my right side and arms and hand do that too with lower
BG's. Actually it's a good sign for me to check my BG level.