[IP] I am told neuropathy cannot occur in arms or hands - BS or not?

Over the past three months and esp over the past month my arms form the
elbow down and hands are constant pins and needles and frequently go
totally numb.  No apparent circulation problems though.  I thought this was
neruopathy but my endo claims diabetic neuropathy does not occur in the
hands.  He believes this is some sort of nerve problem.

The symptoms are worse if the bg's are low or even low-normal. NO question
about it though, the bg level determines the severity o fthe symptoms.

I'm asking for others' experiences here.

Thanks in advance.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Type I since 1974.  Disetronic H-Tronplus pump since Dec 2000.  Please
donate to the Insulin Pumpers Organization:

To date:  The Insulin Infusion Pump as improved my average blood glucose by
50% and lowered the A1C from 9.2 to 5.1 after 27 years of very poor control
on MDI.