[IP] QuickSet disconnect and priming question

I've been using the QuickSets for about a month and like them very much.  I
rarely put the cap on my site when I disconnect for a shower, hot tub soak,
or a swim.  Is this safe to do, or am I chancing an infection by not closing
the site up?
My other question is about priming when I reconnect.  Is it necessary to
prime after disconnecting for a shower or a swim (half hour to an hour) or
just when I change my site?  (I prime 0.5 units after changing my site.)  My
bgs seem to be ok after being disconnected, but I recently read some other
posts that confused me about whether or not to prime.

Thanks for your input,