[IP] Need help re: feel after long bike rides

First, I haven't posted before, so I hope I'm doing this right. I need help
trying to figure out what's going on post-bike ride. I've been on the pump
almost 4 months now and am experiencing something I did not experience while
on MDI. Anytime I bike more than 20 miles, I have high BGs (upper 200s!)
anywhere from 1-4 hours later. I turn my basal rate down about 40% 1/2 hour
before my ride and keep it there until a 1/2 before the end of the ride. My
BGs are in range during my ride. In addition to the high BGs, I feel
extraordinarily fatigued and nauseous - for about a day! I am drinking
PLENTY of water plus have tried a non-caloric electrolytic drink during my
rides. I do not have ketones. In addition to the fatigue and nausea, I have
noticed I get lots more cramping in my legs and feet, feel bloated and crave
salty foods. I am working with my docs, but so far, just get "you must be
one of those rare people that need to INCREASE their basal rate after
aerobic exercise vs. DECREASE it.

Kathy S.