To: email @ redacted

Sent: 6/10/01 2:50:18 PM

Subject: [IP] Re: Cozaar

Actually Cozaar is an Angiotensin II receptor blocker.  Not an

inhibitor.  This is the reason why you don't get the ACE
cough.  ACE

Inhibitors prevent the conversion from Angiotensin I to Angiotensin II, a

side reaction is that bradykinin (a neuro vascular transmitter) is not

down.  Since it is usually degraded in the lungs, where the
majority of ACE

Inhibitors work too, it irritates the lungs and you cough.

--- email @ redacted

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.