[IP] Diabetic Life Span (Mitch)

Mitch wrote:

>>I was told 28 years ago that has stuck with me all this time was that a
diabetics life span was on average 30 years from the time he/she is
with the disease. I don't know if that is true or not but I thought it was
time for a change in treatment before my time ran out!  <<

Mitch, I have been insulin dependent for 38 years this July.  I was
diagnosed when I was 11.  So far, I have no complications.  I have been on
my Disetronic H-Tron Plus pump for 1 year this past May.  So..... it's not
true that a diabetic's life span is an average of 30 years.  There are many
more members on the list who have also had long-term diabetes with little or
no complications and I plan to be around for a lot more years.  This is
definitely a "your mileage may vary" thing.