Re: [IP] A successful appeal to the initial Ins. Co. denial

In a message dated 6/9/2001 9:32:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Also, how old is your child and when was s/he dxd?

Katie is 10.  She was diagnosed on November 8, 2000 . . . 205 days later, she
was pumping insulin . . . Nine days after that Katie has proclaimed that she
will "NEVER go back to shots" (and I'm intending to do everything I can to
make sure she never has to!) . . . I am amazed at how great a positive impact
pumping has had for her, for me, for our family in such a short time .  .  .
I KNOW that our pump start has been so smooth thanks to everything I've
learned from everyone here . . . As great a guide book as "Pumping Insulin"
is, there is no substitute for learning about the diverse experiences and
perspectives of all you pumpers & parents.  Thank you all!