Re: [IP] best way to wear/ganglion cyst

In a message dated 6/9/01 12:02:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have to have a ganglion cyst removed from my finger in two weeks - getting
> nervous. Has anyone had this done? I think the thoughts of anesthetia are
> more nerve wracking than the actual surgery. I persoanlly love the thought
> of my husband doing dishes for a week. I think I'm more concerned with my
> pump. Should I up my basals for the stress?
> Thanks :-) Sharon and faithful sidekick

Only up your basals if your numbers are up from the stress.  Don't do it if
you don't actually see them rising.  Have you talked to your anes. dr and got
it set up for your pump to be running and no sugar or insulin in the IV
Making sure things are done the way you want them is up to you, do some
research and start talking to those drs!
I actually needed less insulin the day of surgery but some people have said
they run high from the stress.  My anes. dr said it was good to be a little
sweet going into surgery rather than risk going low.
Good luck with it all.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000