Re: [IP] Another Denial.....Grrrr (kinda long)

Sylvia wrote:

>>If your MD writes an order or prescription for you for the pump, then HE
deeming the pump as necessary for your medical care.  Part of your appeal
needs to include that the insurance personnel are practicing medicine
the benefit of a license and therefore are in SEVERE violation of the law.
This is common practice these days and the medical insurance industry has
gotten so FULL of themselves t hinking they can practice medicine like this.
We, the people.....sounds like a preamble I know...need to TAKE BACK from
these guys and put the responsibility back to the doctor and ourselves.

  Do include that you will contact a lawyer about malpractice being done on
the part of the insurance company if they decide to NOT fill this
prescription!!!  Hit them where it hurts the most...THEIR money grabbing
POCKETS...!!!  Good luck!<<

I was told that since my insurance company has doctors on staff to review
these claims, and they have licenses, they are not practicing medicine
without licenses.  I know that these doctors have never seen the people they
are approving or not approving pumps for, but they still are licensed to
practice medicine and you may or may not have a case here.