[IP] Re: Pumping experience with surgery

((snip)) Can you give us any insight to how you had to deal with the
professionals to 1) wear your pump, 2) refrain from putting insulin or
glucose in the IV. Did you have any
contact with the anesthesiologist prior to the surgery? ((snip))(

I also had trigger finger surgery last week, and the doctor said of course, I
would keep my pump on.  He seemed surprised that I even asked.  I didn't have
an anesthesiologist for that surgery because I just had a local that they
injected into my finger, but I also had no problems keeping it on last year
when I had sinus surgery.  They used a general for that one, and I just told
the anesthesiologist that I had good control with my pump and didn't want to
take it off for the surgery.  He said that was fine.   Sounds from others'
experiences that I've been lucky though!