Re: [IP] Another Denial.....Grrrr (kinda long)

Steve <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I have been trying for almost two months to get everything in order so that
> can get off the rollercoaster and move onto the pump. Unfortunately, my
> insurance company doesn't see it that way. After reviewing my records, they
> denied the pump on the basis that my last A1c was 6.5 and I've never been
> hospitalized for a severe hypoglycemic event.

You can try *politely* communicating two things: first, by asking them if you
let your control go to hell for six months, then will they OK the pump?; and
second, informing them that if a pump prevents just *ONE* hospitalization for
a DM related problem, then it will have paid for itself.

Not a plug for Minimed, but if you visit their website, there are links there
(under the "professional" menu, IIRC) that will take you to some excellent
materials that support the benefit to the insurance provider of having DM
patients use pumps.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.