Re: [IP] Bad RED sites

>,but thrice since then I have
>gotten similar results(only set area completly covered
>with itchy red raised bumps) near to the time(a day or
>two) I pull out a set.(change 3-4 days)When I changed
>a site further down from the former site,it seems to
>spread down.My latest area spans 2.5 by 3
>inches,(gotten 3 days ago) and my next latest(7 days
>ago)is 2.5 by 1.5 inches.I can't seem to prevent
>getting them .

>From what I read this could be an an alergy to the adhesive and or tape
etc. I know many do the following to avoid such irritations:

Try putting down a sheet of tegaderm after cleaning the skin area and then
insert *thru* the tegaderm.  The set should adhere to the tegaderm as it
would oyur skin.

There are a number of methods avail to avoid such irritations.  POst again
if this doesn't work.  And as always YMMV and experiment, experiment,

Best of luck,.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).