Re: [IP] DKA question

Since the only insulin you take on a pump is a short acting insulin
(Velosulin-a regular type or Humalog), if for any reason you would not get
insulin delivery, you could get into a DKA (critical) situation rather
quickly.  With no NPH or other type of long acting insulin in your system,
trouble would start in a matter of 4-5 hours rather than 10 to 12.  I have
been on a pump for 17 years and have only once been in a DKA situation.  It
took several calls to my doctor over a 12 hour period of time but I did not
even go to the emergency room.  The best I can figure, I caught it within 6

At one time, I was hypoglycemic unaware.  For about two weeks, as directed by
my doctor, I raised my target blood sugar to 130 or so (normally I target
100) and after two weeks I was feeling the lows at 80 rather than feeling no
symptoms until I was at 40.

Cee Dee