[IP] DKA question

Hello everyone,
I am in the process of trying to get a pump through my insurance and have
been reading Pumping Insulin while I wait.  Can anyone explain why you are
more likely to get DKA when on a pump then on MDI injections please?  I am
also very worried that I will get the low blood sugar awareness from being on
the pump since they mention this in the book also.  Any help would greatly be
appreciated.  Have a nice weekend everyone :).
Hope to be a pumper soon.