[IP] re: marching band

My son is just graduating from high school after having been in marching
band for four years. The lady in charge of the drill team always carried
packets of suger for him in her fanny pack, and on long trips, she had
glucagon (though we have never used it in 8 years, it made her feel better).
My son did NOT adjust his basals or his boluses, as we have done basal
testing on regular activity days, not lying around the house days. But, it
could be done. Actually, exercise will make BG rise if it is high, so we
noticed more high than low numbers. In High school there is a lot of random
snacking, and forgetting to bolus, so I would be very cautious about
reducing basals.
We had similar trips which included parade followed by amusement park. No
problem. I finally quit worrying about it. Tell her to have fun, and
remember to test.