Re: [IP] marching band

Hi Deborah,
> Any other parent out there whose child has diabetes that has been in or is
> currently in marching band.
No kids here, but used to deal with kids at Summer 'Band' Camp.
> I will remind the band teacher that  Eve has diabetes and also try to let
> all the chaperones know. Should I supply them with glucose gel just in case?
I'd say yes.  But I'd also suggest that this a great time to put Eve in a
litle more control.  Given the length of a band on the march, the director
and the chaperones way be quite some distance from Eve's location.  Her
section (the drum line) will be her primary support.  They are the ones that
Eve should let know about what to do 'just in case'.
> Any suggestion from anyone about how much I should decreasing her insulin
> for the rehearsals and parades. The parades all vary in length and time.
What has Eve been doing basal wise during marching practice?  That may be
your best indication for parades.  When I go hiking I usually cut my basals
in half.  That is what works for me but we are all different ;-)

Good luck,
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
DCCT Control Group, MM507