[IP] marching band

In a few weeks, no wait, next week, Eve who will soon be 14, will be in
marching band and in parades starting the week of June 21 st.

She tried out for flag ling and didn't make it, but was told that she would
be great in drum line. She plays the oboe in band and the music teacher
thought that she would be great playing, GUESS WHAT, the CYMBALS. I told her
she needs to practice them outdoors.  :-)

Any other parent out there whose child has diabetes that has been in or is
currently in marching band.

I will remind the band teacher that  Eve has diabetes and also try to let
all the chaperones know. Should I supply them with glucose gel just in case?

Any suggestion from anyone about how much I should decreasing her insulin
for the rehearsals and parades. The parades all vary in length and time.

We will be at three of the parades and will try to be at the end of the
parade, but we will not be at the 3 others.

Also the last parades they will be playing at an amusement park (like six
flags but smaller) and then spend the rest of the day there. Any suggestion
for that.

Deborah mom to Eve 13.90
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99