Re: [IP] Just my opinion

>Subject: Re: [IP] Just my opinion
>Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:42:12 -0500
>On 8 Jun 2001, at 8:20, email @ redacted wrote:
> > I have been a member of this insulin pumpers group for several years
> > now.  It used to be suggested that if you were going to "post" a
> > message, info, etc.  that you led into it with a short excerpt from
> > the message you were relating to.  That is no longer the case.  Most
> > of the messages are sent with no linking to any other message or
> > information.  I think it would make it simpler to understand the posts
> > if everyone followed the protocol.  Any comments? Dianne
>You are correct.  The proper procedure is to Reply to the note
>which causes the Subject line to add a "Re:" and to <snip> out the
>~irrelevant~ parts of the original.  But definitely leave in the relevant
>parts.  There have been way too many posts where nothing
>remains of the original but the Subject line and maybe a "On Wed
>so~and~so wrote", and I scratch my head and wonder  "What did
>they write about?"   Do <snip> but don't leave us all to dig through
>previous material to find out what you are talking about.

I would also like to add:

When people are replying to something from a digest, PLEASE, in the subject

Don't refere to the subject as Digest # **** -- Put down the actual subject
in the subject line. Some of us get regular e mails, and would like to see
what subject is about, rather than digest # for the subject line.