Re: [IP] Just my opinion

On 8 Jun 2001, at 8:20, email @ redacted wrote:

> I have been a member of this insulin pumpers group for several years
> now.  It used to be suggested that if you were going to "post" a
> message, info, etc.  that you led into it with a short excerpt from
> the message you were relating to.  That is no longer the case.  Most
> of the messages are sent with no linking to any other message or
> information.  I think it would make it simpler to understand the posts
> if everyone followed the protocol.  Any comments? Dianne

You are correct.  The proper procedure is to Reply to the note
which causes the Subject line to add a "Re:" and to <snip> out the
~irrelevant~ parts of the original.  But definitely leave in the relevant
parts.  There have been way too many posts where nothing
remains of the original but the Subject line and maybe a "On Wed
so~and~so wrote", and I scratch my head and wonder  "What did
they write about?"   Do <snip> but don't leave us all to dig through
previous material to find out what you are talking about.