Re: [IP] Sleep Study Discrimination

Since I started this whole thread, thought I should update. My
primary talked to the Medical Director, I think with the suggested
baseball bat. But still need to have it done in the hospital. Oh Well.
we tried.

My hubby sleeps with a CPAP and it saved our marriage and saved
his life. He as both obstructed and the neurological problems of
sleep apena. Was long suffering from depression, starting to get
high blood pressure and glucoma. I wa always afraid he's fall
alseep behind the wheel. His heart rate would go below 60 for
periods during his sleep and he would stop breathing for up to 70
seconds. Me I was sleep deprived for years and about 2 to 3 nights
a week he'd land on the couch for me to play catch up. This went
on for about 10 years that it progressively worsened. Took us
getting health insurance to cover the cost of study and machine.
We have had three years of bliss since. His high blood pressure
has returned to normal, glucoma has stablized and depression is
gone. Docs say he's not a candidate for surgury because of the
neurological part will always need the CPAP.

It's kind of like sleeping with a jet fighter pilot everynight and there
is no need for a white sound machine except for the nights he's out
of town and then I run a fan as a good substitute.
Gail J Donohue