From: BETH
GEARING

To: email @ redacted

Sent: 6/7/01 4:48:28 PM

Subject: Re: [IP] Women - what is the best
way to wear the pump?

I use the remote on my Minimed 508 when I wear the pump on my
leg.   It looks

like a car's key chain. I  could be at a lunch or dinner with
clients and I

don't have to excuse myself to bolus if I use the remote.  It's
very discrete.

The main disadvantage is you have to program units of 1.0, not
0.1   I have

the pump set on vibrate so it doesn't beep when I program it.  I
don't think

the other pumps have this feature, but for me, it is one of the main
reasons I

bought the MM 508.  Other people have no use for a remote but I
use it all the

time.

Beth

    email @ redacted 06/07/01 04:23PM

How do you bolus "in public" when wearing your pump in or clipped to
your

bra?

Much as I like wearing the pump (minus its clip) in my bra / do it at
home

nearly all the time, I hate the thought of having to go to the ladies room

bolus. I hate the image of "groping myself" to bolus even more!!

Thanks,

Diane

---

--- email @ redacted