Re: [IP] Women - what is the best way to wear the pump?

I use the remote on my Minimed 508 when I wear the pump on my leg.   It looks
like a car's key chain. I  could be at a lunch or dinner with clients and I
don't have to excuse myself to bolus if I use the remote.  It's very discrete.
The main disadvantage is you have to program units of 1.0, not 0.1   I have
the pump set on vibrate so it doesn't beep when I program it.  I don't think
the other pumps have this feature, but for me, it is one of the main reasons I
bought the MM 508.  Other people have no use for a remote but I use it all the
time.

Beth
>>> email @ redacted 06/07/01 04:23PM >>>
How do you bolus "in public" when wearing your pump in or clipped to your
bra?
Much as I like wearing the pump (minus its clip) in my bra / do it at home
nearly all the time, I hate the thought of having to go to the ladies room to
bolus. I hate the image of "groping myself" to bolus even more!!

Thanks,
Diane