Re: [IP] Use the most???

In a message dated 6/7/01 11:14:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> There needs to be a comparison between those who visit doctors
> more and those who don't and how much is saved by those who do
> visit docs more as compared to those who don't go until it is too
> late and expensive complication has set in.
> What do y'all think?  Yerachmiel, thanks for posting this.  It has
> given me food for thought!  That is always a good thing.
> I refuse to stand alone (as type 1 diabetics) and take the rap for
> increasing insurance rates!!!

This was an interesting post.  One thing that comes to mind is the all too
common extremely POOR care that is given to people with diabetes.  Many drs.
still use the term "borderline" and tell people to exercise, lose weight, and
don't eat sugar - and never give them any idea just when their BG levels may

And then there are those that are dx'd who are thrown a diet and a
prescription with no education, etc., to follow it up.  Time after time
people come to the message boards and chat rooms searching for information -
that should have come from a qualified medical person.  When appauling
practices like this are eliminated then I will take more stock in research
such as this.

Linda & Dax