Re: [IP] Sleep Study Discrimination

At 13:59 6/7/01, you wrote:
>This is a very good explination.
>I use a CPAP, Sleep Apnea index of 72 (Wake up 72 times per hour without
>Fran, I also had a UPPP done - it lowered my pressure, but I still have to

I also use a CPAP and opted to not have the surgery.  The first time I used
it, I took a nap and felt more refreshed than I had in MANY years.

Nice thing about trying the machine first is that you could always choose
surgery if you felt it did not work.  That was my thought and I have not
regretted my decisions.

The only difficulty with the machine is that it might be difficult to get
comfortable with the head set which holds the nasal pillows to your
nostrils.  (If it works and you are sleeping, however, you will never
notice it :-)  )

If you have any more questions, please feel free to e mail me privately and
I will tell you all I can.  I could send you some digital pictures if you
have a problem visualizing anything.

The CPAP changed my life as much as my pump has, so if I can help anyone
else, I would love to.

Some days are just not worth chewing through the restraints to participate
in. ;-)