[IP] Re: IP] Insurance 80% - 90% coverage

email @ redacted writes:

> > I am a single working IDDM and Im on the pump. My current employer
> > is changing health insurance coverage on durable medical supplies.
> > They currently cover my pump supplies at 90% but they soon will only
> > cover 80% of the cost. Is this typical and or have I been spoiled by
> > the 90% coverage that I was used to?
> You are spoiled. Most health plans only cover 80% -- and only then
> after a deductible which in some cases can be very heafty.
> email @ redacted

I guess I'm spoiled too, my insurance changed April1 and instead of a $15
copay for whatever amt of supplies i ordered at a time I pay 20% after my
copay is met.  We are having a hard time adjust ing to this new insurance,
every thing is more and i've had to surgery on top of it all.  Unfortunately
we aren't making more money to cover this upward swing in our medical payout.
I keep thinking that my dh needs to get another job with better coverage but
maybe there isn't better coverage out there.
Oh, there is a cap on how much they will pay each year on my supplies and i
can't get a new pump in 4 years if i need one, they have capped durable
medical equipment at $2500.
So we'll have to go job hunting at that point if i need a new pump.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01