Re: [IP] infusion sets- small kids

> I was wondering how many of you with small children (2-4), use the
> sets that go in at a 90 degree angle?  We have been using the
> silhouette but, lately the emla cream does not seem to be working
> the same it leaves his skin red and itchy.

Sounds more like a tape allergy. Try the Emla on some other part of
the skin and don't put anything else there and see if it also gets
red and itchy. Do the same thing with the tape in another area to
confirm.

 Our endo said we could
> try softsets micro her only concern is blockage and high blood
> sugars.  They don't rountinly use these type of sets on their
> preschool age children.

The 6mm Quicksets or Ultras would probably work better than the
SofSets -- SS's tend to dislodge more easily because they have a
smaller footprint on the skin.

Michael