[IP] Morning BG's

I've been on the pump for 2 days now, and I have a question about my
morning bg's. Upon waking, my bg's are pretty good(before the pump, and
now), but in the first hour I'm awake, it can rise from an avg of about 130
or so up to 220 and even higher without eating. I understand that this is a
common occurence in diabetics, but I'm curious as to how this is handled
with a pump. Before the pump, I would have to eat and take my morning
humalog within 15 mins or so of waking. I understand that I'll be going
over this with my pump trainer, but I'm wondering how you folks handle
this. Do you raise your basal rate for a few hours before waking or do you
take a bolus when waking and just not eat? My goal with this is to be able
to wake and not have to eat as soon as I get up.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jim Winthrop