Re: [IP] Sleep Study Discrimination

> In a message dated 6/6/2001 1:26:16 PM, email @ redacted writes:
>
> << What is a CPAP?  I snore horribly!  My wife said I have sleep apnea.  I
am

> tired all the time.
CPAP is a machine that gives you extra air force so that you breath better.
It is connected to a mask that goes over your nose area. Mine also has a
moisture attachment. As far as I know uou have to go and have the test done
to find out if you have apnea. It takes this for your insurance to pay for
it. It has helped me. There is a surgery but I have heard of this not always
helping. Also some have said the CPAP doesn't help. So YMMV

Karl