Re: [IP] Velosulin and Regular With Humalog

>>> I hate to sound ignorant, but what is Velosulin?  I have never heard of
it. Is it similar to Regular Insulin? Brenda >>>

Velosulin started out as a pure pork insulin made in Denmark by Nordisk. A
buffering was later added for pump use to deter occlusions. The name Velosulin
equates with velocity - thus a quick-acting insulin like Regular which was a
beef/pork mix. Velosulin is no longer made from pork pancreases, but the
action is still similar. I began using it about '84 or '85 since I had 3 major
infections with the Regular in my pump. I didn't get any more after switching.
I began using Humalog 12/97.

Nordisk at that time also made Insulitard which equates with retarded or
slowed - as in NPH.

Velosulin is now a Regular Human semi-synthetic insulin. (~_^)

Ask me how I earn $ surfing the 'net - or click here:
Lord, help me relax about insignificant details
beginning tomorrow at 7:41:23 a.m.