[IP] Lantus

I've been on Lantus for 3 weeks now and it has pro's and con's like anything else.  It has helped TREMENDOUSLY with the dawn phenom, but I have HORRIBLE lows most afternoons.  The other day my freestyle meter read "LO".  (And this is a big problem because I am hypo unaware....even below 20!) I can eat more often during the afternoon or regain the higher BG in the am, not choices I relish, hence, I want a pump.  The good news for me with Lantus is that I have not had a nightime low since starting.  I do much better on Lantus than I did on N, but I hope to do even better on the pump.  Just my two cents worth!

DX 3/81, pumping ASAP

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life