[IP] Lantus Schmantus

First of all, Jackie, regarding your Lantus post from earlier today, I'll be
keeping an eye out for your results.
I've found Lantus aka Glargine to be a huge improvement over NPH insulin. I
was taking it for about a month until my pump start less than 2 weeks ago. N
insulin reguired me to synchronize my snacks for when it kicked in. Lantus
doesn't kick in. Its activity seemed to be pretty straight-line, although some
days I would have to snack constantly and others I'd have to shoot humalog
corrections. IMHO Lantus is a very good product and many will benefit from it.
YMMV as always; many people would suffer without their pumps.  The
Lantus-for-50%-of-basal idea may have merit as well.  A daily basal adjustment
depending what kind of a Lantus day you're having may be needed. But what do I
know? (Dammit Jim I'm a tradesman, not a doctor) At this point, I'd rather be
Borg than the human pin cushion. Syringes is futile. This shared knowledge of
the collective stuff is great!

Wheaten, Terry R., Fido the 508, Spike the One Ouch Ultra...reward for
._c-._c- information leading to the ._c- recovery of my ._c- missing ducks
that ._c- left the row ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c-
._c- ._c-._c- ._c- ._c-Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :