Re: [IP] Re:leaving site 4 days

My experience:

If no insulin absorbsion issues:

Covering the entire set with tegaderm (incl all the adhesive area) allows
me to use the site for four days and the site looks far better and heals
faster than a 2 day set w/o the tegaderm!  Even with expousure to lake

This prevents air and water contect with the entire set.  It appears
pbvious to me now that the redness and slow healing of many sites is due
100% to contaminents that enter thru the hole in the window.

NOte:  Cut a small hole in the middle of the tegaderm to allow for the
disconnect unit.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).