[IP] Lifesavers

With all the discussion about Lifesavers recently, I thought I would share
some advice from a CDE.  She tells her diabetes patients to eat Lifesavers
when they are driving a car.  If your blood sugar is within normal range
before you begin your drive, she suggests that you suck on one Lifesaver
continuously until you reach your destination.  I use this a lot as I
usually have to drive about an hour to almost any destination.  I suck on a
Lifesaver until it's gone and then replace it with another.  If I am going
for a longer distance, then I will stop and retest before proceeding.  This
has never raised my levels excesively, but keeps them in a normal range.  I
don't use Lifesavers to treat hypoglycemia unless I ran out of everything
else I carry.  Of course, YMMV, but it's just a good precaution.

Teresa Covas email @ redacted