In a message dated 6/5/01 8:20:17 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< My previous endo had me carry Lifesavers for lows also >>

But be careful! <gr.>

I spent my childhood with a roll of lifesavers in my pocket, and for close to
forty years they were my standard treatment for what we used to call a
"reaction".  But about 10 years ago (when I still had some hypo symptoms), I
woke (sort of) in the night very low, and grabbed my lifesavers and chomped
on several of them at a time.  Don't do this!  A tooth split, root and all --
I think I kept on chomping on it for a while since I wasn't really alert
enough to react to pain till my bg got a little higher.  Went through lots of
procedures (with pain and expense), but finally lost the whole tooth.

Glucose tabs work quicker for me anyway.  But the B-D ones actually chipped a
tooth once, too (really, my teeth don't break otherwise!), so I use the Dex4
and the store brand ones that are like those.

Maybe I should have listed this on the thread about DM complications.

Linda Z