[IP] Re: Question about blood sugar

    You should definately get your Mum to visit her doctor and have him order
the bg tests.  I myself would also be inclined to check at random, like you
are suggesting.  But the more controlled test, done when fasting I believe,
should be more accurate.  Then, if that is inconclusive, continue to have her
test occasionally.
    Claire's school teacher last year was told her bg was a bit on the high
side and to come back in a year.  Well she was upset and so when I tested
Claire at lunch time, I tested her teacher too!  Then I gave her an extra
meter so she could monitor it herself from time to time.  A year is a long
time to wait.
P.S.  Follow up and make sure your doctor fills out those forms!!

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7