RE: [IP] Question about different infusion sets

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:52:17 -0500, "howard davis" <email @ redacted>
>I find the most reliable infusion set to be the old reliable bent needle.
>No worries about canula bending, obstructions in the tube, and don't have to
>worry about what to do with the introducer needle.

I support your conclusions 100%. It seems to me that all the canulas
were invented to benefit the few who had problems with allergies to
metal needles. Then the trainers latched on to the canulas as a way to
overcome fear of needles. I think the trainers are pushing canulas on
all new pumpers. And of course that's ok with the manufacturers of the
infusion sets, since they get a higher price for those canulas.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, pumping since 1995