[IP] Trigger Finger Surgery Information

I am scheduled for surgery next month to relieve my left index trigger finger.
Is there any downside to this surgery of which I should be aware?

Has anyone received relief by any means other than surgery?  The steroid
injection and anti-inflammatory treatment did not work.

I have been told that I can return to playing the guitar within three to four
weeks.  I am interested in other's experience with this treating this

Thanks for your help,