[IP] question about blood sugar??

Hello  everyone
Last night I went to visit my mom.  For fun we tested her bl;ood. She had
just gotten done eating 3 breadsticks (the hard 6" ones) and butter.  Her
blood was 9.9 ( 178 in america)   so we tested it again it was 10.0  (180 in
america). She had not eaten any sweets all day and hardly ever does.  She
does get up in the midle of the night to go to the washroom a lot but that is
the only odd thing.  She is not over weight  BUT--- I have diabetes and so
does her mom.
what do you guys think we should do?
I am going to leave one of my blood machines there and have her test at
morning when she gets up and odd other times of the day