	Thanks to all those 65 pumpers who provided data on basal and
bolus insulin.  I've put the results in a graph in a PDF file that
I'll send to anyone who emails me.   I've already sent it (along with
this email) directly to all who provided data.  The bottom line is
that there is a fairly good correlation (R= 0.67) between Body weight
and basal insulin requirements.    This is not too surprising, since
one might expect more tissue to require more insulin.  The linear
regression shows that for every 10 lbs the basal rate should change
by 1.25 U per day.  As you might imagine, however, there is a lot of
scatter.  The one question that maybe some individuals have knowledge
about, is whether this same relation would hold within an individual,
that is, if one lost 10 lbs, would your basal drop by this amount.
  	The more interesting finding, however, was that there was a
remarkably strong correlation (R=0.85) between body weight and the
carb/ins ratio.   This correlation spans the gamut of body weights
way down to the youngest children.  For a 10 lb increase in body
weight, the carb/insulin ratio decreases by 0.86.  It is not entirely
clear to me why heavier people should require more insulin to
metabolize the same amount of carbohydrate as a lighter person.
There may be an important message here if someone can figure it out.