Re: [IP] Pump Static and Playground Slides??? (help)

Hi there;

What I have learned about static is it will not wreck the pump it will
merely erase the memory of boluses and maybe even the date but to be on
the safe side keep the pump in the leather case it came in or put a
bounce sheet in the pocket that the pump is carried in or in any other
carrying case that the pump maybe carried in.  My educator told me not
too worry about it too much but if I could to put a bounce sheet with the
pump.  Removing the pump would be frustrating after a while so try this.

Good Luck

>From: "Todd & Shelly Tyler"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:<email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] Pump
Static and Playground Slides??? (help) >Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:33:39
-0500 > >Hi all: I have read posts about static and the pump alarming and
I am >concerned now about the playground slides. We have several in our
town, some >are the metal slides and most are those yellow plastic ones,
and one is a >tunnel slide. My concern is for shocks on them, although
none have happened >so far. > >When we go to the park lately I have been
removing the pump, but this is a >real pain and I know I cannot be there
everytime to take it off for him. WHat >about in kindergarten next year?
I can't have them remove the pump at every >recess??? > >Am I more
concerned than I should be? Will a dryer sheet alone do the trick?? >Do
you Moms remove the pumps at the playground???? > >Please help as I need
to know before tomorrow's preschool trip to the park!! > >Thanks, >Shelly