From: Janet S Ellis

To: email @ redacted

Sent: 6/4/01 10:25:56 AM

Subject: [IP] insulin needs for

Has anyone else found that they have to give a big bolus for
coffee?  I

drink a cup of coffee with non-dairy creamer (2g. carb) and sweet'n

in the morning.  I use 1:20 insulin to carb ratio.  But
for the coffee to

keep my blood sugars stable, I have to use 1.2 units of
insulin!!!  I've

done basal tests at the time I drink the coffee and my blood sugar

stable without the coffee.  What gives?  Anyone else
notice this?  Or am

I just really wierd?

Janet,  another duck to get in line

With God's help, I'll get all my ducks in a row.  I've got the

vest and the insulin pump.  Working on the rest.

--- email @ redacted

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.