Re: [IP] Synthroid Recall?

Quoting Sherry Nolan <email @ redacted>:

> Hi,
> I haven't been paying much attention to the list lately, but my latest
> search came up empty on this topic so I thought I would post.
> Late last week there was an announcement that Synthroid had never received
> FDA approval even though it has been the drug of choice for thyroid
> disorders for over 40 years.  Apparently do to complaints of inconsistency
> with the drug the FDA was giving the makers of the drug until August to get
> in all the paperwork to get it approved, otherwise there would be a likely
> recall of the drug until they could do so.  (Now this is a paraphrase of
> what I heard on the radio so I don't know how accurate I am being.)
> Has anyone else heard about this? Have you found inconsistencies with your
> use? Do you know what an alternative to synthroid might be?
> -- Sherry

There are two other synthetic thyroid hormones on the market that I know of,
can't remember the names.  Both are gearing up to replace Synthroid if it's
pulled from the market.  There was an article about this in the Wall Street
Journal on Thursday, I think. I can send it to you offlist if you want to see