[IP] Pump Static and Playground Slides??? (help)

Hi all:  I have read posts about static and the pump alarming and I am
concerned now about the playground slides.  We have several in our town, some
are the metal slides and most are those yellow plastic ones, and one is a
tunnel slide.  My concern is for shocks on them, although none have happened
so far.

When we go to the park lately I have been removing the pump, but this is a
real pain and I know I cannot be there everytime to take it off for him.  WHat
about in kindergarten next year? I can't have them remove the pump at every

Am I more concerned than I should be?  Will a dryer sheet alone do the trick??
Do you Moms remove the pumps at the playground????

Please help as I need to know before tomorrow's preschool trip to the park!!

mom to 5 year old, pumping 10 months.