[IP] Synthroid Recall?

I haven't been paying much attention to the list lately, but my latest
search came up empty on this topic so I thought I would post.

Late last week there was an announcement that Synthroid had never received
FDA approval even though it has been the drug of choice for thyroid
disorders for over 40 years.  Apparently do to complaints of inconsistency
with the drug the FDA was giving the makers of the drug until August to get
in all the paperwork to get it approved, otherwise there would be a likely
recall of the drug until they could do so.  (Now this is a paraphrase of
what I heard on the radio so I don't know how accurate I am being.)

Has anyone else heard about this? Have you found inconsistencies with your
use? Do you know what an alternative to synthroid might be?

-- Sherry