[IP] To Eileen

SNIP>>>>>>>>i use the 23 inch
tube with 9mm canula. i mean could my pump get clogged so
much?? what is
going on. thanks again eileen<<<<SNIP
Hi Eileen,
My experience has been similar, so that when I have two highs
after a new sight, I change sites.  Usually with good results.
Humalog works fast with me, or I should say as predicted, because
If by bgs are going up 30 minutes after site change, I give 3 units of
insulin, check again in another 30 minutes and if if hasn't gone
down, I change sites and repeat the procedure.  Sometimes I have
a site that must be old and scarred inside...sometimes I have
inserted the sil too deeply (very shallow works best for me). I do go
through a lot of sils infusion packages, but I figure that's life.

Don't know if it would work for you, but whenever I get two highs in
a row after bolusing, I change sites.  You might try it.  I don't
believe it is occlusion  (sp),  I just think the sight is not a good one.
All those years of shots in the same area, plus over 5 years of
infusion sets, I have just gotten some spots that won't absorb
anymore.  My legs, top and outside of thighs have been great for
good delivery.
Good luck!
Bonnie Richardson