[IP] Blood in infusion set

I've used tenders for quite a few years and occasionally have nicked a small
vein when the set is inserted. It's very easy to immediately see blood
backing up into the catheter when this happens. However, I'm considering
trying the Ultraflex or Softset and was wondering if those of you who use
this type of infusion set find it more of a problem because you can't
actually see the catheter and you don't get this immediate indication of
blood. If this situation arises have some of you had problems different from
blood sugars rising because the insulin is diluted in a pool of blood? Arnie